Magnolia's World Famous Farmer's Market makes its triumphant return Friday the 20th. Featuring representatives from more than 20 of your favorite cannabis brands, food trucks, live music, and on-site consumption. Join us on our favorite holiday, get some great deals and celebrate legalization and life!
Join us in Magnolia's Lounge for our first ever book club meeting March 10th at 2pm. We will be meeting to introduce ourselves and discuss our first book choice.
Magnolia Wellness is proud to host the East Bay Cannabis Communty's monthly meet-up. Our next event is Friday, March 2nd from 5pm to 8pm. We provide music, food, and a safe inclusive environment to medicate and mingle with like-minded individuals. Check out these pictures from our last Meet-up!
Magnolia welcomes you to spend some time in our lounge with our complimentary volcano vaporizors and Vape Exhale dab machines. Buy your medicine and use our equipment to medicate in a safe and welcoming environment. Don't know how to dab? Want to try? We can show you how to use our Vape Exhale dab machines. Keep an eye out for our Super Bowl party details will follow soon.
Join us at Magnolia Wellness to celebrate an end to prohibition with our mini farmers market on Sunday Dec. 31 from 9AM until 7PM. Our dab lounge will be open and we will be featuring products that will not be available come 2018 so stock up before these items are gone for good!
Magnolia Wellness will be closing early on Tuesday the 19th. We will be closed at 7PM. Please plan accordingly, our normal business hours will return tomorrow.
Here is what will change in January:
Who can purchase cannabis at Magnolia Wellness after January 1?
· We are still waiting for approval to serve adults 21 years or older, but feel confident this will come in time. Stay tuned!
· Patients 18 years or older who have a valid California doctor’s recommendation and a government issued photo I.D. may continue to purchase medicinal cannabis.
What are the advantages to remaining a medical patient?
· Medical cannabis patients will be taxed at a lower rate than adult users. This includes an exemption from sales tax (under certain circumstances) and a lowered business license tax of 5% for medical, rather than 10% for adult users.
· Edibles will be limited to 100mg per package for both adult and medical users, although tinctures and like products will be available in 1000mg packages for adult users and 2000mg units for medical patients.
· Not all suppliers will have licenses to serve the adult use market, but the regulations enforcing this do not start until mid-2018.
What are these A and M licenses about?
· An "A" license allows businesses to serve adult cannabis users.
· An "M" license allows businesses to supply only medical marijuana users.
· Magnolia Wellness will secure both "A” and “M" licenses, so will serve both groups.
· Cultivators, manufacturers, and distributors have to get either “A”, “M,” or both licenses, too. After July 1, 2018, each will be limited to supplying products only to other companies with identical licenses.
How much cannabis can I purchase?
· Prop 64 allows for up to six (6) mature cannabis plants, one (1) ounce of flower, and eight (8) grams of concentrates to be purchased each day by adult users.
· Medical limitations are subject to the same limits, unless their doctor’s recommendation states that an individual need more medicine to meet their needs.
Can I use cannabis anywhere?
· It is still illegal to use cannabis in public outside of designated areas.
· Do not medicate and drive.
· The best place to use cannabis is at safe at home.
Magnolia Wellness is proud to host a medicated cooking class featuring holiday inspired appetizers from 2PM until 4PM. Pot D'Huile will be in the house teaching us how to use their medicated Extra Virgin Olive Oil sourced from farms in Northern California. They use a potent indica hybrid called Gorilla Cookies that gives a relaxing and euphoric effect perfect for holiday parties or dealing with in-laws. As always Bay Cure will be here from 10AM to 7PM offering deals on their wide selection of high quality flowers. Take advantage of our on site consumption and vaporize your flowers in our complimentary volcano vaporizers.
Are you a vendor or a grower who has product you need to move before the changes in January? Magnolia Wellness will be hosting an "End of Prohibition" event on December 31st. We are looking to help anyone with product they won't be able to sell in January blowout their inventory. If you are interested please contact Katie Rabinowitz at firstname.lastname@example.org
Patients from all over the Bay came to celebrate Magnolia CEO Debby Goldsberry's birthday and enjoy a one-of-a-kind event. The weather was cool and pleasant outside, while inside The Randy Moore Trio kept folks in a mellow but upbeat mood. Flower vendors Sparkle Shoes and Sun Roots were in attendance to show off the best of indoor and outdoor buds, while edible vendors Utopia Farms, Clarified Confections and Leisure Life were on hand to sample their wares to patients. Extract and Cartridge providers Beezle, First Class Concentrates, Greenrock and Absolute Extracts were also providing patient samples in the onsite consumption areas as well as trading chip tokens for purchase in the market. The old-fashioned, blue and white clay custom poker chips provided by ChipLab from www.chiplab.com were available in the dispensary. Each cost $5, worth the same amount in the market. They helped make our Farmers Market a success! Our next Cannabis Farmers Market will be on 420, come by and join the festivities!
Here at Magnolia, we understand that military veterans need our support. Vets face numerous issues upon returning home from tours of duty abroad, the most serious of which include post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and a high rate of suicide.
If you're a veteran looking to talk with other vets, or if you're just looking for help navigating the maze of services and benefits available, Magnolia is proud to announce two meetings just for you.
Tonight, Monday, August 8th, at 6:30pm, veterans are encouraged to join a Veterans Support Group with Ryan Miller of EVAC. The group is being held at the Gateway Incubator, located at 330 2nd St in Oakland. The group will meet the 2nd and 4th Monday of every month.
We are also planning a general group with Weed for Warriors where veterans can get answers to questions about everything particular to post-military life. This group will be here at Magnolia on the 1st and 3rd Monday of every month, with a time still TBD.
Please attend the group tonight at Gateway to find out more about our veterans services and how cannabis might be right for you.